The following guidelines will help to ensure the maximum lifespan of our Hug Rug doormats and runners:
- New Hug Rugs may shed excess cotton, this is normal and will stop once it has been brushed a few times or washed.
- Only wash when necessary.
- To save water – allow mud and dirt to dry and then simply brush it away.
- To give the rug a longer life place it in a cotton pillow case, and machine wash on cotton wash at 30ºC.
- Excess cotton may arise in filter – so check filter on washing machine regularly.
- Do not use biological washing detergent as this may fade the colour.
- Do not use fabric conditioner as this will reduce the effect of its performance.
- Flat, Aga rail or line dry naturally. Hug Rugs can be tumble dried on a cool setting for 10 minutes to plush the pile – this is optional.
- Never place a Hug Rug in the tumble dryer on high heat setting for a long period of time.
- Never place a Hug Rug on a damp floor.
- As with any soft furnishings – if left in direct sunlight the colour will fade.
Hug Rug mats are designed not to leave marks, however a combination of cleaning products, sunlight & heat may effect and/or cause discolouration to certain types of flooring when covered. We would advise you to please lift the mat frequently to allow the floor under the mat to be cleaned and aired. The backing is a natural based product, free from vinyl & PVC. For specialist flooring please check with the manufacturer before using any rubber backed mats.